Green Beans with Brown Butter, Wild Mushrooms and Walnuts
- Kosher salt, to taste, plus 1 tsp.
- 2 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 8 Tbs. (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 8 shallots, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. wild mushrooms, brushed clean, stemmed
and roughly chopped
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter and cook until the milk solids start to turn golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the 1 tsp. salt and season with pepper. Stir in the green beans and walnuts and cook until the beans are warmed through. Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper. Transfer to a warmed serving bowl and serve immediately. Serves 10 to 12.