Frozen Berry Mojito
This playful frozen twist on a traditional mojito takes advantage of summer’s bounty of berries. We like the combination of blackberries and raspberries, but feel free to use just one or the other, or even strawberries. To make simple syrup, in a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine equal parts sugar and water and bring to a boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before using.
- 1 cup (4 oz./125 g) blackberries
- 1 cup (4 oz./125 g) raspberries
- 2 fl. oz. (60 ml) fresh lime juice
- 4 fl. oz. (125 g) simple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup (3/4 oz./20 g) packed mint leaves
- 4 fl. oz. (125 ml) silver rum
- 2 cups (8 oz./250 g) ice
In a Vitamix blender, place all the ingredients in the order listed, with the blackberries on the bottom and the ice cubes on top. Blend on low 10 seconds, then gradually increase the speed to the highest setting until smoothly pureed, about 45 seconds. Pour into a glass and serve. Serves 4.
Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen