Fig Salad with Cabrales Cheese and Marcona Almonds
- 10 cups Bibb or butter lettuce, torn into bite-size
- 4 oz. Cabrales blue cheese or other strong blue
- 1/2 cup Marcona almonds
- 1 Tbs. Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard (optional)
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 black Mission figs, thinly sliced
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and mustard. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and whisk until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Divide the salad among 6 plates and arrange the figs on top. Serve immediately. Serves 6.