Cucumber and Kale Smoothie
Using a mixture of lemon juice and purchased lemonade adds bright, zingy flavor to this super smoothie that will get your day started with a jolt of healthy greens. Feel free to use more or less honey or agave nectar, depending on the sweetness of the lemonade you use and your personal preference.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. honey or agave nectar, or to taste
- 1 cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1 green apple, cored and coarsely chopped
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 4 leaves kale, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz./125 ml) lemonade
- 1 cup (4 oz./125 g) ice
In a blender, combine all the ingredients in the order listed and cover with the lid. Puree, slowly increasing the speed to high and using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades if necessary, until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Divide between two glasses and serve immediately. Serves 2.
Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen