Crepes with Berries and Ricotta
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. orange zest or 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbs. granulated sugar, or to taste
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 4 to 6 tsp. unsalted butter
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, lemon juice and 2 Tbs. of the granulated sugar, or to taste. In another bowl, combine the ricotta and the remaining 1 Tbs. granulated sugar. Set aside.
In a crepe pan over medium heat, melt 1 tsp. of the butter to coat the pan evenly. Pour in 1/3 cup of the batter and spread with a spatula. Cook until the crepe is golden underneath, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the crepe over and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Repeat to make 4 to 6 crepes.
Cover half of each crepe with the ricotta mixture and fold into quarters. Place 1 crepe on each individual plate. Top with the berries and dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately. Serves 4 to 6.