A type of mandarin orange, the Clementine is a small fruit with a thin peel and tangy-sweet red-orange flesh.
- Ice cubes as needed
- 12 mint leaves, finely shredded, plus 2 whole
leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh Clementine mandarin juice
- 1 bottle (24 fl. oz.) sparkling water
- Clementine mandarin tops or slices for garnish
Fill 2 highball or other tall glasses with ice. Divide the shredded mint between the glasses. Pour half of the lemon juice and half of the Clementine juice into each glass. Top with sparkling water and stir well. Garnish each glass with a Clementine top and a whole mint leaf. Serve immediately. Serves 2.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Holiday Entertaining, by Georgeanne Brennan (Oxmoor House, 2007).