- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1 small celery root, peeled
- 1 jicama, peeled
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 Bosc pear, cored
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored
- 1 head radicchio, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 endive, quartered, root end kept intact
- 8-oz. piece of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Using a mandoline, julienne the carrot, celery root and jicama, keeping each separate. Using the mandoline, thinly slice the fennel, pear and apple, keeping each separate. In a small bowl, combine the pear, apple and the 1 Tbs. lemon juice and toss to mix.
Arrange the carrot, celery root, jicama, fennel, pear, apple, radicchio, endive and cheese on a platter. Accompany with the lemon vinaigrette and a sharp cheese knife.