Chutney Chicken & Pistachio Salad
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 2 cups diced pan-seared chicken (see related
recipe at left)
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 2 to 3 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup pistachios
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Grate 1 tsp. zest and squeeze 1 Tbs. juice from the lemon into a large bowl. Add the mayonnaise, chutney and mustard and stir to combine.
Assemble the salad
Add the chicken, grapes, celery, onion and pistachios to the dressing. Stir gently to combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the salad among salad plates or bowls and serve immediately. Serves 4.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Simple Suppers, by Melanie Barnard (Oxmoor House, 2007).