Chipotle chilies add a jolt of heat to traditional guacamole. A dried and smoked jalapeño chili, chipotles are sold in cans or jars, packed in an oniony tomato mixture called adobo sauce. Serve this flavorful guacamole alongside our Smoked Tri-Tip.
- 2 Tbs. finely minced white onion
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 to 2 chipotle chilies in adobo, drained and
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt, plus more as needed
- 2 large avocados, preferably Haas
- 2 Tbs. finely minced fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbs. small fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped white onion (optional)
Sprinkle the guacamole with the cilantro leaves and/or chopped onion and serve immediately, if possible. To keep the guacamole at room temperature for up to 1 hour, cover with plastic wrap, pressing it directly onto the surface. To keep the guacamole for up to 3 hours, do not add the cilantro until just before serving, and cover and store in the refrigerator. Makes about 2 cups.