- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. dry white wine
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 bay leaves, broken or chopped into tiny pieces
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves for garnish
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill or preheat a cast-iron grill pan over medium-high heat. If using bamboo skewers, put 6 skewers in water to cover.
Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and drain the bamboo skewers, if using. Thread the chicken pieces onto the bamboo or stainless-steel skewers, dividing the pieces evenly among them. Place the skewers on the grill rack 4 to 5 inches from the fire or place in the hot pan and grill, turning once, until the chicken is opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer to a warmed platter and garnish with lemon wedges and parsley. Serve immediately. Serves 6.