Chicken Madras Curry with Chapati
- 1/4 cup ghee or canola oil (optional)
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/3 cup raw cashews, halved (optional)
- 1 Tbs. ghee or canola oil
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or
thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 jar Maya Kaimal Madras curry sauce
- Steamed rice for serving
- Fresh cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Chapati for serving (see related recipe at right)
In an Indian wok or large fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the 1 Tbs. ghee. Add the chicken and sauté until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the Madras curry sauce and stir to coat the chicken. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
Serve the curry over steamed rice. Garnish with fried shallots, cashews and cilantro sprigs. Pass chapati alongside. Serves 4 to 6.