Baby Lettuces with Radishes and Spring Herbs
Tender young lettuces, sliced radishes and fresh herbs are tossed with a simple vinaigrette to create a salad that captures the essence of spring.
- 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) Champagne vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup (6 fl. oz./180 ml) olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 heads assorted baby greens, such as red leaf lettuce, Little
Gem lettuce, Bibb lettuce and radicchio, leaves separated
- 3 watermelon radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (1/2 oz./15 g) fresh herb leaves, such as parsley,
chervil, dill and basil
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh chives
- Buttered whole grain crackers for serving
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice and mustard. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss together the baby greens, radishes, herbs and enough vinaigrette to lightly coat. Sprinkle with the chives and serve immediately with buttered crackers. Serves 4 to 6.