Pair this sweet-hot glaze with grilled baby back ribs or chicken wings.
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 Tbs. black bean-garlic sauce
- 2 Tbs. chili-garlic sauce
- 2 Tbs. peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 Tbs. dry sherry
- 1 Tbs. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbs. Asian sesame oil
- 1 Tbs. tamari or reduced-sodium soy sauce
In a bowl, stir together the ketchup, orange juice, black bean-garlic sauce, chili-garlic sauce, ginger, sherry, brown sugar, granulated sugar, sesame oil and tamari, mixing well. Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Makes about 2 cups.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Grill Master, by Fred Thompson (Weldon Owen, 2011).