Asian Chicken Salad
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced, plus 2 Tbs. finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 Tbs. white miso
- 3 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 5 Tbs. canola oil
- 2 Tbs. Asian sesame oil
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup bean sprouts
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts, poached or rotisserie
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
In a blender, combine the chopped onion, ginger, miso, vinegar, honey, canola oil and sesame oil and pulse until smooth.
Assemble the salad
In a large bowl, combine the onion slices, bell pepper, bean sprouts, chicken and cilantro. Add the dressing and toss to coat evenly. Arrange the salad on a plate and serve immediately. Serves 4.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Salad, by Brigit L. Binns (Oxmoor House, 2007).