- Tetra Pieced Hide Rug, Navy/Grey $3,295 – $6,995
- Pieced Chevron Hide Rug, Grey Our Price $2,995 – $7,495
- Pieced Gate Hide Rug, Grey Sugg. Price $3,295 – $6,595 Our Price $2,307.97 – $4,617.97
- Pieced Gate Hide Rug, Brown Sugg. Price $2,995 – $5,995 Our Price $2,097.97 – $4,197.97
- Stenciled Zebra Hide Rug, Black Sugg. Price $995 Our Price $696.97
- Stenciled Zebra Hide Rug, Chocolate Sugg. Price $995 Our Price $696.97
- Stenciled Zebra Hide Rug, Caramel Sugg. Price $995 Our Price $696.97
- Solid Hide Rug, Beige $549
- Concentric Pieced Hide Rug, Dove/Ivory Sugg. Price $2,995 – $5,995 Our Price $2,396.97 – $4,796.97
- Concentric Pieced Hide Rug, Tan/Ivory Sugg. Price $2,995 – $5,995 Our Price $2,396.97 – $4,796.97
- Cali Laser Cut Hide Rug, Beige Sugg. Price $1,595 – $3,295 Our Price $1,116.97 – $2,306.97
- Cali Laser Cut Hide Rug, Black Sugg. Price $1,595 – $3,295 Our Price $1,116.97 – $2,306.97
- Tetra Pieced Hide Rug, Grey/Ivory $3,295 – $6,995
- Laser Cut Moroccan Gate Hide Rug, Tan Sugg. Price $1,595 – $3,295 Our Price $1,116.97 – $2,306.97
- Laser Cut Moroccan Gate Hide Rug, Black Sugg. Price $1,595 – $3,295 Our Price $1,116.97 – $2,306.97
- Tetra Pieced Hide Rug, Champagne/Tan Sugg. Price $2,995 – $5,595 Sale $1,796.99 – $3,356.99
- Pieced Chevron Hide Rug, Tan Sugg. Price $2,495 – $6,295 Sale $1,746.99 – $4,406.99
- Zellige Mosaic Pieced Hide, Charcoal/Silver Sugg. Price $3,495 – $6,795 Sale $2,446.99 – $4,756.99
- Emmett Pieced Hide Rug, Tan/Ivory Sugg. Price $3,495 – $6,795 Sale $2,096.99 – $4,076.99
- Greek Key Pieced Hide Rug, Dove/Ivory Sugg. Price $3,295 Sale $2,635.99
- Pieced Tile Hide Rug $2,295 – $4,495
Embrace classic hunting lodge aesthetics for your home with Williams-Sonoma Home’s genuine hide rugs. Whether you prefer the classic full-hide look or you prefer an abstracted modern twist that uses hide strips instead, we have plenty of options that are sure to appeal to your particular sensibilities. We use high-quality, authentic hides from the world’s best sources in locales as far flung as New Zealand and Brazil, resulting in luxurious finished rugs that have all the trappings of a genuine sheep or cow hide. This means that each hide is a little bit different, with its own unique shape and markings.
From fluffy, cloudlike New Zealand sheepskin hides to solid hair-on cowhide rugs from Brazil, this product category brings a timeless approach to luxury. Use your sheepskin hide in front of a fireplace or drape it over the back of a sofa to add an extra dimension of glamour to a living room, study or bedroom sitting area. Our full hair-on hide cowskin rugs are perfectly suited to game rooms and wood-paneled libraries with an old-world sensibility. If you prefer a different look than the classic full-hide silhouette, we offer woven and pieced hide rugs in standard rectangular shapes for you to choose from.
These woven hide rugs use contemporary geometry to create a modern twist on a classic look. They’re perfect for sleek, modern dining room and living room setups that nod to the past while embracing the minimalism and restraint of the present day. All of our hide rugs, including these patterned options, use undyed, natural cowhides that are carefully selected for their unique beauty. You’ll enjoy the natural sheen of hair on hide leather while also feeling the general ambience and faint but distinguishable smell of leather. These rugs feel fantastic on bare feet and have their natural durability enhanced by tough canvas backing that’s cut perfectly to shape.
The natural-color effect on our pieced and woven hide rugs creates an amazing color gradient that adds just the right amount of decor to your space. Natural gray, taupe and brown shades blend perfectly with just about any type of furniture, wall color and accent motifs. You can use the naturally rugged quality of these rugs to enhance a dark, brooding room or to provide a clever bit of contrast in a brighter, softer space. Let your imagination guide you to new decorating directions and use these rugs to shake things up or anchor a theme as you see fit.
One thing to consider as you shop for a hide rug is that this unique material does require some special care. These cow and sheepskin hides are expertly tanned and preserved to ensure longevity. Make sure you care for them in a way that supports this preservation. Don’t run a vacuum over a hide rug; instead, shake it out and brush the hair carefully in the direction of the grain. You can spot clean these rugs with gentle solutions of water and white vinegar. Take good care of your hide rug and it’ll provide a sophisticated ornament to your home for years and years to come.
Whether you pair them with leather furniture or a contrasting upholstery style, our hide rugs are a terrific choice for a sophisticated home. Choose from pieced hide rugs or full hide in undyed or stenciled finishes. Each hide looks different, so be aware that when you order, you’re requesting a unique piece to add to your home. Additional markers such as ranch brands add further individuality and style to your choice. From a sophisticated Western-lodge-style living room to an edgy feminine boudoir, these hide rugs are a great way to show off your sense of style.