KITCHEN ISLANDS & CARTS
Discover the beauty and functionality of our kitchen islands, designed
to provide the perfect space for prep, dining and gathering.
- Modular Double Kitchen Island with Marble Top $5,695
- Modular Kitchen Island with Marble Top $2,995
- Storage Cart with Handle, White $114.95
- Slim Rolling Storage Cart with Handle, Black $114.95
- Rolling Storage Cart, White $74.95
- Barrelson Kitchen Island with Marble Top $4,295
- Barrelson Kitchen Island with Italian Basalt Top $4,995
- Barrelson Single Kitchen Island with Marble Top $3,295
- Barrelson Single Kitchen Island with Italian Basalt Top $3,495
- Barrelson Single Kitchen Island with Black Granite Top $3,495
- Cooper Double Kitchen Island $2,995
- Cooper Kitchen Island $1,695
- Larkspur Marble-Top Kitchen Island $3,695
- John Boos End-Grain Butcher Block Classic Kitchen Cart $1,395
- John Boos End-Grain Butcher Block Culinary Cart, 48" $2,495
- John Boos End-Grain Butcher Block Workbench, 60" $2,495
- John Boos Gathering Block $1,495
- John Boos Gathering Island $1,495
- Boos Island with Tube Shelf, Maple $1,495
- Boos Island with Tube Shelf, Walnut $2,495
- Boos Island Butcher Block, Maple $1,895
- Boos Island with Drawer and Wood Shelf, Maple $2,095
- Boos Island Butcher Block, Walnut $3,295
- Boos Island with Drawer and Wood Shelf, Walnut $2,895
Transform Your Kitchen with a Kitchen Island
The kitchen is often viewed as the heart of the home, so ensuring it is a functional space that you love to spend time in is an important goal. Furnishings which are both beautiful and practical, like the classic kitchen island, transform empty floor space in the kitchen into a decorative workstation. Single and double islands are available from Williams Sonoma in a variety of colors and styles to suit just about any kitchen.
Choosing the Right Sized Island for Your Kitchen
Floating islands for kitchens are available in two basic sizes: single and double. Single islands are generally about 48 inches long while double islands can be as long as 84 inches. With a compact footprint, single islands come in handy for small homes and apartments. This extra surface space can be used for storage, entertaining or cooking prep work. If you have the floor space for a double island, you'll add a considerably larger amount of prep space to your kitchen.
To keep the main pathways clear, an island is usually placed 36 to 42 inches from the main kitchen countertop. It is also often centered underneath decorative kitchen pendant lights to brighten up the workspace. Single and double islands are incredibly useful when preparing large homemade meals as an extra surface for chopping and organizing ingredients. When paired with a set of kitchen stools, the island also doubles as a dining table for enjoying small meals and entertaining guests.
Kitchen Island Styles
Whether your kitchen is traditional, modern or somewhere in between, it's easy to find a great island that fits your style. There are three main components to every floating island: the countertop, the base and the hardware.
- For the countertop surface, choose from elegant marble, dramatic black granite, traditional wood or shiny stainless steel.
- The island base is often crafted of the same material as the countertop for a sleek and simple look. Fun and unique islands with a contrasting countertop and base are also available.
- Many finishes are available for the drawer hardware, including polished nickel and oil-rubbed bronze. Some islands also use solid wood knobs rather than ones made of metal.
Island Storage Drawers, Shelves and More
Islands are more than just an extra countertop surface for your kitchens. These handy furnishings also include drawers, shelves and other handy storage solutions to contain kitchen clutter.
- Most islands include one or more open shelves near the bottom of the unit. These open shelves are a great spot for storing extra dishes or cutting boards.
- Opaque storage drawers are also commonly found on single and double islands. You can hide away clutter in these drawers or use them to store cutlery and utensils.
- Some islands feature convenient bars on either end for hanging kitchen towels, keeping them easily accessible as you cook.
Complete your kitchen decor with a stylish and functional kitchen island from Williams Sonoma. With a variety of size and material options to choose from, you can use these islands in any kitchen to create the ultimate spot for dining, entertaining guests and preparing meals.