- Amalfi Woven Bed $1,495 – $1,695
- Mallory Woven Seagrass Bed $1,795 – $1,895
- Sorrento Tall Bed & Headboard $1,695 – $1,895
- Sorrento Daybed $1,295
- Meade Bed with Footboard $2,795 – $2,995
- Gable Low Bed & Headboard $995 – $4,790
- Gable Bed & Headboard $1,195 – $4,895
- Gable Tall Bed & Headboard $1,395 – $5,495
- Presidio Bed $2,595 – $14,995
- Presidio Tall Bed $3,495 – $17,995
- Presidio Extra Tall Bed $3,695 – $7,695
- Presidio Tufted Bed $2,695 – $6,395
- Presidio Tall Tufted Bed $3,595 – $7,595
- Presidio Extra Tall Tufted Bed $3,795 – $7,795
- Gramercy Bed & Headboard $995 – $16,995
- Gramercy Tall Bed & Headboard $1,695 – $6,795
- Regency Bed $1,995 – $5,795
- Channeled Bed & Headboard $2,495 – $12,795
- Lyon Bed $1,795 – $4,295
- Sonoma Sleigh Bed $2,495 – $7,495
- Elliot Bed & Headboard $2,695 – $8,995
- Hampstead Bed $3,250 – $3,550
- Lacourte Bed $2,295 – $2,495
- Shutter Bed $1,595 – $1,795
- Mercer Bed $2,995 – $4,995
- Mercer Tall Bed $4,895 – $5,495
- Sutton Bed & Headboard $1,250 – $5,495
- Taylor Bed & Headboard $1,195 – $15,995
- Humphrey Bed $2,595 – $5,995
- Robertson Bed & Headboard $1,295 – $5,495
- Mansfield Bed & Headboard $1,495 – $5,795
- Fairfax Low Bed & Headboard $1,195 – $4,995
- Fairfax Bed & Headboard $1,150 – $5,495
- Fairfax Tall Bed & Headboard $1,395 – $6,495
- Keating Canopy Bed $2,195
- Sorrento Bed & Headboard Sugg. Price $595 – $1,695 Sale $429.99 – $1,695
- Colonial Cane Bed Sugg. Price $2,295 Sale $1,839.99
- Gibson Canopy Bed Sugg. Price $2,795 Sale $1,999.99
Beds & Headboards
Whether it’s stacked with decorative shams and a plush comforter or adorned with a light blanket and pillows, the bed is the first thing you notice when you walk into your bedroom. Create an inviting space with a bed or headboard from our bedroom collections at Williams Sonoma. From dramatic canopy beds to contemporary platform beds and traditional sleigh beds, you can discover a range of beds and headboards in both casual and formal styles and designs, along with bedding that lets you create an inviting place for relaxation.
The design of your bed can help you establish the style of the room. It also plays a role in how comfortable you feel as you sleep. Choose a canopy bed to add visual height in the room. Details such as a deep ebony finish and caned posts make the bed look right at home in a traditional bedroom. Leave it bare to emphasize the strong lines of the posts. Or, hang sheer drapes from the corners to give the bed a touch of romance. Use heavier curtains to keep in the warmth on cold nights. For a more contemporary style, select a platform bed that provides support for the mattress but leaves the foot and corners of the bed open so you have plenty of room to move your legs while you sleep.
You can update your room without replacing the bed by adding a headboard that attaches directly to the bed frame or the wall above it. If you want to add drama to a traditional room, select a tall headboard. Or, choose a short one if you prefer a more contemporary style. Look at the headboard’s shape for design cues you love. An arched headboard with curved lines makes an elegant addition to traditional and cottage-style rooms. The bold, geometric shape and strong lines of a stepped or rectangular headboard anchor the bed and mimic the natural lines in the room. An oversized headboard that stretches beyond the borders of the bed is a simple way to cover the wall and tie together the bed and nightstands. You might even choose a headboard with wings to add modern sophistication to the space. It also helps keep your pillows securely on the bed.
Decorate with Fabric and Colors
The headboard’s fabric and color tie the bed in with the rest of the room. Durable leather is easy to clean and adds warmth to your bedroom. A fabric-covered headboard softens the bed and gives you extra support for sitting up while reading or watching TV. Lush velvet feels soft to the touch and provides a luxurious look. Choose vertical stripes to emphasize the headboard’s height, or go with a patterned fabric to coordinate with other prints in the room. A weave pattern gives the headboard a casual appearance, while smooth suede has a finished effect. Select colors that coordinate with your bedding for a cohesive resting spot. Or, go bold with contrasting colors to help your bed really stand out.
Fine details such as tufting and trim give a headboard a distinctive quality while also helping it blend with the rest of the furniture and accessories in your room. Highlight the duvet cover by using one of its colors in the trim, or match them for a cohesive look. Add interest to a headboard with tufting that gives it a pillow-like finish that’s right at home in your bedroom. You can also look for nailhead trim if you prefer an understated yet classic embellishment.
A great night’s sleep starts with a room that’s inviting and comfortable. Choose one of our beds or headboards to define that space and create the retreat of your dreams.