- Victorinox Fibrox Pro 6" Chef's Knife Sugg. Price $42 Our Price $34.95
- Victorinox Fibrox Pro 8" Bread Knife Sugg. Price $54 Our Price $44.95
- Victorinox Fibrox Pro 10" Bread Knife Sugg. Price $60 Our Price $54.95
Choosing Your Victorinox Chef's Knives & Kitchen Knives
Enhance your cooking with Victorinox chef's knives & kitchen knives. This superlative selection of cutlery is designed for the dedicated home chef who prefers an ergonomically-designed knife with a balanced, comfortable grip and exceptionally sharp blade. By choosing a chef's knife, you bring a new kind of versatility to your cooking prep. Select Victorinox chef's knives & kitchen knives when you want to enhance your skills, expand your repertoire to include new cuts or enjoy the outstanding experience of using a top-class knife at home.
What is a Chef's Knife?
A chef's knife is a must-have for anyone who loves to cook or is beginning to learn about how cutlery influences the quality of meal (hint: it's a major factor). This essential blade can be used for chopping, slicing or dicing and quickly becomes the first knife you grab when it's time to cook.
- Chef's knives feature mid-sized blades that are larger than a paring knife, but not quite as hefty as a knife designed just for thick cuts of meat. Look for lengths of around 7 to 9 inches.
- The spear tip makes it easy to employ a rocking technique, known for its convenience, speed and accuracy when cutting fruit, vegetables or proteins.
- Check out Victorinox's hollow-ground styles that assist in food sliding off the knife after particularly fine cuts. This is a fantastic feature when working with cucumbers, tomatoes, ginger, garlic and other veggies or aromatics.
- Care for your chef's knife blade just like you would any other fine piece of cutlery. Use a whetstone to keep it sharp between daily uses. Look to an electric sharpener for regular maintenance.
How To Know Which Knife You Need
When shopping for Victorinox chef's knives & kitchen knives, keep in mind your preferred culinary tastes and styles, plus how often you like to cook certain foods.
- The chef's knife is a basic, but it has a few variants you might like. The classic is an essential, but you can also choose a santoku with a sheep's foot tip, instead of the spear tip, for fine chopping.
- Stock up on a few different sizes of essential knives, like a smaller chef's knife to complement a paring knife, plus a larger slicing knife for large or thick produce, like squash, yams or eggplant.
- Be sure to include a serrated blade in your choices. These slicing knives are perfect for bread, especially the kind with a crusty exterior and work surprisingly well on melons, like watermelon or cantaloupe.
Selecting a Specialty Knife Set
Look to Victorinox chef's knives & kitchen knives when selecting a set for your home. With options that include rosewood storage blocks, shears and sharpeners, you can outfit your kitchen with incredible cutlery in the time it takes to make a singular, excellent decision.