- Shun Hikari 8" Chef's Knife Sugg. Price $375 Our Price $199.95
- Shun Classic Western Chef's Knife Sugg. Price $182 – $206 Our Price $144.95 – $164.95
- Shun Fuji 6" Chef's Knife with Stand Sugg. Price $438 Our Price $229.95
- Shun Kaji Chef’s Knives Sugg. Price $250 – $375 Our Price $199.95 – $299.95
- Shun Premier Chef's Knife Sugg. Price $213 – $269 Our Price $135.95 – $171.95
- Shun Classic Hollow-Ground Asian Chef's Knife, 7" Sugg. Price $188 Our Price $109.95
- Shun Premier 7" Asian Chef's Knife Sugg. Price $219 Our Price $139.95
- Shun Classic Asian Chef's Knife Sugg. Price $182 Our Price $109.95
- Shun Hikari 6" Chef's Knife Sugg. Price $338 Our Price $159.95
- Shun Kaji Western Chef's Knife Sugg. Price $288 – $350 Our Price $229.95 – $279.95
- Shun Classic Chef’s Knives Sugg. Price $150 – $213 Our Price $89.95 – $169.95
- Shun Classic Hollow-Ground Chef’s Knives Sugg. Price $175 – $206 Our Price $94.95 – $159.95
- Shun Sora Chef's Knife Sugg. Price $88 – $100 Our Price $69.95 – $79.95
- Shun Fuji Chef's Knife Sugg. Price $500 – $600 Our Price $299.95 – $319.95
- Shun Kaji Hollow-Ground Chef's Knife Sugg. Price $288 Our Price $229.95
- Shun Classic 4 1/2" Chef's Knife Sugg. Price $150 Our Price $99.95
- Shun Kanso Chef's Knife, 8" Sugg. Price $144 Our Price $89.95
A Shun Chef Knife Can Do It All
Whether you have fruits or vegetables to be chopped, fresh herbs to be minced or a cut of meat to be disjointed, a Shun chef knife is the perfect blade choice. These knives are must-have kitchen tools for professional or novice cooks alike. They not only feature an ultra-sharp cutting edge but a unique blade design and ergonomic handles that facilitate the chopping of large amounts of ingredients at once. Try out a single chef knife or look for a Shun chef knife set which includes other valuable kitchen tools.
The Shun brand is owned by the Kai Group, a kitchenware company founded over a hundred years ago in Seki City, Japan. In addition to kitchenware, the Kai Group also manufactures steel medical supplies and beauty tools. The Shun Cutlery brand focuses on knives, knife sharpeners and knife storage blocks and accessories.
Shun Chef's Knives and Knife Sets
Chef's knives by Shun are available individually or packaged with other blade types into a coordinated knife set. Certain Shun knife collections, like the Classic collection and the Sora collection, can be used by beginners or advanced chefs. Master collections, like the Classic Pro collection and the Premier collection, are chiefly aimed at professional chefs. There are also a few collections which are exclusive to Williams Sonoma, like the Hikari collection which features beautiful birch handles and the Kaji collection which features knife blades with a unique wavy design.
- Typically, the blade on a chef's knife will measure around eight inches in length. Most of Shun's chef knives measure between six and eight inches in length.
- A handful of knives feature a shorter blade for precision tasks.
- Some Shun chef's knives have hollow indentations along the blade surface. These small markings help to prevent food from sticking to the blade, saving you time while chopping foods that are especially pulpy or sticky.
- Whether you choose a long or short knife blade, the major feature these knives have in common is the special blade design. These knives are specifically engineered to be able to rock back and forth as you chop. This allows you to take much of the pressure off the wrist of your dominant hand as you chop large amounts of herbs, vegetables or proteins.
Experience the difference that one hundred years of history makes with a Shun chef knife. These incredible blades have been specially designed to tackle a variety of kitchen chopping tasks with precision and ease. Start by testing out a single Shun knife or try a value-packed Shun chef knife set to take control of your kitchen and master all cutting techniques.