- Jean Dubost Laguiole Olivewood Steak Knives, Set of 6 $99.95
- Laguiole Jean Dubost Vintage Steak Knife Set, Set of 6 $99.95
- Laguiole Jean Dubost 6-Piece Steak Knife Block Set $99.95
- Dubost Laguiole Assorted Wood Steak Knives, Set of 4 $249.95
- Dubost Laguiole Black Faux Horn Steak Knives, Set of 6 $199.95
- Dubost Laguiole Natura Steak Knives, Set of 6 $99.95
- Laguiole Jean Dubost Olive Wood Steak Knives $249.95
- Laguiole Jean Dubost Steak Knife Set, Set of 6 Sugg. Price $79.95 Sale $63.99
- Laguiole Jean Dubost Stainless-Steel Steak Knives, Set of 4 $99.95
- Laguiole Jean Dubost Steak Knife Set $99.95
- Laguiole Jean Dubost Birch Steak Knives, Set of 4 $139.95
- Laguiole Jean Dubost Olivewood Carving Set $149.95
- Laguiole Jean Dubost Stainless-Steel Carving Set Sugg. Price $99.95 Our Price $79.95
- Laguiole Cheese Knives Sugg. Price $69.95 Sale $54.99 – $55.96
- Laguiole Spreaders Sugg. Price $59.95 – $86.95 Sale $46.99 – $69.56
- Laguiole Stainless-Steel 2-Piece Serving Set Sugg. Price $49.95 Our Price $39.96
- Laguiole 2-Piece Serving Set Sugg. Price $49.95 Our Price $39.96
- Laguiole Flatware Place Settings Sugg. Price $89.95 – $463.95 Our Price $71.96 – $463.95
- Laguiole Stainless-Steel Seafood Forks, Set of 4 Sugg. Price $29.95 Sale $22.99
Laguiole Jean Dubost
Spruce up your kitchen cutlery essentials with Laguiole Jean Dubost knives and flatware sets. Laguiole Jean Dubost is among the best brands of cutlery to come out of the Massif central region in France that is famous for producing high-quality kitchen knives for centuries. The knives, knife sets and flatware pieces take their name from the village of Laguiole near the knife city of Thiers. Rich in French knife and metal forging tradition, these kitchen essentials from Laguiole Jean Dubost gives your kitchen a classic European feel.
Among the line of Laguiole Jean Dubost offerings on Williams-Sonoma are its steak knives that are available in sets. These knives have a distinctively beautiful look that set them apart from regular Laguiole Jean Dubost steak knives have narrower blades with a unique tapered shape that has been around for centuries. As with traditional French knife making, master cutlers forge, polish and sharpen the blades by hand and then rivet their handles onto the grip giving each knife its own character. Apart from their distinctive shape, the knives the blades come with etching of the companyʼs seal and unique bee logo on the bolsters for authenticity.
While the steak knives from Laguiole Jean Dubost are similar in basic shape, they have their own design nuances, particularly with the material on their handles. Wood handles are one of the more popular designs and the steak knives come from a variety of woods including olivewood, oak, birch, juniper, wenge, bubinga, juniper and rosewood. Like other knife sets, however, the steak knife sets from the brand also come in functional handles including resin, acrylic and stainless-steel.
Steak knife usually come with straight edges. However, Laguiole Jean Dubost offers steak knives with serrated edges as an alternative. Some of the Laguiole Jean Dubost steak knife set offerings come in an elegant wooden box, which also make them a good gift item. Other sets come with functional knife blocks for storage, which means that you can immediately prop the knives up on your countertop once they arrive. The knife block, which is made from beechwood, has a unique open-blade design that keeps the knives from rubbing against a hard surface and thus allowing the blade to hold on to their edges longer.
As for the flatware sets, offerings from Laguiole Jean Dubois on the website include carving sets, cheese knives, spreaders and cocktail forks. The carving knives from the brand also feature the unique shape of the Laguiole knife although with a long blade than the steak knife. French cutlers have likewise forged, polished and sharpened this knife and the carving fork that come with it from high-quality stainless-steel. The carving set also comes in beautiful wooden box storage. A more functional kitchen essential from Laguiole Jean Dubost is the brandʼs cheese knife set offering. The set, which features the brands elegant tapered design and also a wooden box storage, comes with a knife fork and a spreader to go with the carving knives.
Master cutlers likewise placed as much work in the Laguiole Jean Dubost spreaders, as with the other kitchen items from the brand. Available in sets of four and with the signature wooden box storage, the cheese knives are also of high-quality stainless-steel for heft that the cutlers have also polished and finished by hand. The handles are of resin with visible rivets in the brandʼs signature tapered shape.
The care and maintenance of Laguiole Jean Dubost knives and flatware sets are straightforward and not unlike other cutlery items. Apart from washing and drying after every use, the knives do require regular honing to ensure that the edge remains sharp. The flatware sets on the other hand, are also dishwasher-safe, which means cleaning them up is easy and uncomplicated.