- Williams Sonoma Wooden Magnetic Knife Holder Bar, Walnut Sugg. Price $99.95 – $199.95 Our Price $99.95 – $149.95
- Williams Sonoma Wooden Magnetic Knife Holder Bar, Maple Sugg. Price $69.95 – $139.95 Our Price $69.95 – $119.95
- Global Wall Magnetic Knife Holder Bar Sugg. Price $195 – $299 Our Price $154.95 – $224.95
- Wüsthof Satin Finish Magnetic Knife Holder Bar Sugg. Price $80 – $110 Our Price $59.95 – $79.95
- Wüsthof Magnetic Knife Holder Bar Sugg. Price $30 Our Price $19.95
- Epicurean Magnetic Knife Holder Bar, Slate $59.95 – $79.95
- Messermeister Magnetic Knife Holder Bar Sugg. Price $88 Our Price $69.95 – $74.95
- Messermeister Magnetic Knife Holder Bar, Walnut Sugg. Price $88 Our Price $74.95
- Epicurean Knife Rack Sugg. Price $79.95 Sale $54.99
Save Space with a Magnetic Knife Holder
Two of the most common solutions to knife storage are countertop knife blocks and drawer knife organizers. But in small kitchens where counter and drawer space are limited, neither solution may be feasible. Take advantage of any empty wall space with a hanging magnetic knife holder instead. These magnetic strips can be mounted to just about any flat surface and come in an assortment of sizes and styles.
In addition to saving valuable counter and drawer space, a knife magnet can also benefit your kitchen in other ways.
- Since they can be mounted close to your main workstation, your knives are always within reach.
- They're also very easy to grab off the knife strip, saving you even more time while cooking.
- Unlike other knife storage options, you'll be able to see the entire knife blade and handle when they're hanging on a magnetic knife holder. When you need to switch to a specific type of knife to chop different ingredients, you can do so quickly and easily.
- A knife magnet also lets you show off your collection, a major plus for any cooking enthusiast.
- If you have the space, these magnets may also be used in addition to a knife block to hold mismatched or odd-sized steel cutlery items.
Choosing The Right Magnetic Knife Rack
All magnetic knife bars are long and skinny and feature a strong magnetic surface to securely hold your blades. However, you will need to choose the right size and style to suit your kitchen.
- If you have a small amount of cutlery to display, look for bars that are 12 to 16 inches in length. Larger bars are also available at 20 to 32 inches to hold a wider assortment of blades.
- In a modern kitchen, choose from sleek silver, black or silver and black style options. For traditional spaces, look for options where the magnet is fully hidden within a block of beautifully stained wood.
- If you have a full matching set of knives to store, you can also choose a knife storage bar that coordinates in style and color with their handles.
Installing Your Knife Magnet
Knife storage magnets can be mounted to a variety of different flat surfaces around the kitchen. The necessary mounting hardware comes included with the magnetic bar.
- Installing the bar above the sink makes it easy to put away your cutlery after washing and drying.
- With a bar near the stove, your tools will always be within reach as you use the burners or the oven.
- The sides of your cupboards are otherwise wasted space that can be put to good use with a horizontally or vertically hanging magnet.
- You can also create a complete organization station on a blank wall using one or two knife magnets plus shelves and hooks for items like kitchen linens, small appliances and cooking utensils.
Clear up cutlery clutter and save space in the kitchen with a handy magnetic knife strip. These strips can be mounted in a variety of spots around the kitchen to hold full knife sets or mismatched cutlery items. These stylish magnetic strips will not only save countertop and drawer space but also help you maintain a more efficient and functional kitchen.