Triple-Chocolate Filled Pancakes
For dark chocolate sauce:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 7 oz. bittersweet chocolate wafers
- 2 1/2 cups ebelskiver pancake mix
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 cups milk
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted,
plus more for cooking
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate wafers
- 2 oz. milk chocolate wafers
- 2 oz. white chocolate wafers
- Whipped cream for serving
Using the ebelskiver pancake mix, eggs, milk and the 4 Tbs. butter, prepare the pancake batter according to the package instructions.
Heat a filled-pancake pan over medium heat. Brush the wells with melted butter. Pour 1 Tbs. batter into each well. Add 2 chocolate wafers (both the same flavor) to each well, alternating flavors among the wells. Top each with 1 Tbs. batter. Cook until the bottoms are golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Using 2 wooden skewers, flip the pancakes over and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes more. Transfer the pancakes to a plate. Repeat with the remaining batter and chocolate.
Serve the pancakes with the chocolate sauce and whipped cream. Makes about 48.