Everyone’s favorite frozen cocktail, the strawberry daiquiri is a great way to show off the ripe berries when they’re at their peak. To make simple syrup, in a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine equal parts sugar and water and bring to a boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before using.
- 1 lb. (500 g) strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 fl. oz. (60 ml) fresh lime juice
- 2 fl. oz. (60 ml) simple syrup or agave nectar
- 4 fl. oz. (125 ml) silver rum
- 2 cups (8 oz./250 g) ice cubes
In a Vitamix blender, place all the ingredients in the order listed, with the strawberries on the bottom and the ice cubes on top. Blend on low 10 seconds, then gradually increase the speed to the highest setting until smoothly pureed, about 45 seconds. Serves 4.
Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen