Seared Sesame-Crusted Tuna
- 1⁄4 cup black sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup white sesame seeds
- 4 ahi tuna steaks, each 6 oz. and 1 inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs. grapeseed or canola oil
Season the tuna with salt and pepper and dredge in the sesame seeds, coating the tuna evenly.
In a searing pan over high heat, warm the oil until smoking. Arrange the tuna in the pan (do not overcrowd) and cook until the white sesame seeds start to turn golden underneath, about 1 minute. Turn the tuna and cook until the white sesame seeds start to turn golden underneath, about 1 minute. Transfer the tuna to a cutting board and cut into 1⁄4-inch-thick slices. Arrange the tuna on individual plates, overlapping the slices. Serve immediately.