Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 4 lb. small Yukon Gold potatoes, skins on
and left whole
- Salt, to taste, plus 1 Tbs.
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at
- 1 3/4 cups half-and-half, warmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 3 Tbs. roasted garlic paste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Set a potato ricer over a large bowl and pass the potatoes through in batches. Add the butter, 1 1/4 cups of the half-and-half and the sour cream and stir until smooth, adding more half-and-half until the desired consistency is reached. Stir in the garlic paste, the 1 Tbs. salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a warmed serving bowl and serve immediately. Serves 10 to 12.
Note: Potatoes boiled whole in their skins absorb less water and produce lighter, fluffier mashed potatoes.