- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 10 Tbs. (1 1/4 sticks) chilled unsalted butter,
cut into pieces
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten with 1 Tbs. water
- 1 jar (28 oz.) lemon curd or mincemeat tart
- Whipped cream, meringue, fresh fruit or
candied ginger for garnish
Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, shape the dough into a ball and divide it in half. Shape each half into a flat, 5-inch disk, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Position a rack in the center of an oven and preheat to 400ºF.
Working with one piece of dough at a time, roll out to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 12 rounds. Transfer a round to each well of a 12-well mini-tart plaque or mini-muffin pan. Using your fingers, press the pastry to fit into the well. Bake until the tart shells are evenly golden and crisp, 18 to 22 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes, then remove the tart shells from the pan and cool to room temperature.
Fill each tart shell with 1 1/2 Tbs. tart filling. Garnish with whipped cream, meringue, fresh fruit or candied ginger.