It's Easy Being Green Smoothie
It’s easy to eat your greens, including lots of leafy spinach, with this delicious smoothie that is easily assembled using a Vitamix blender. Grapes, orange and pineapple give the smoothie lots of bright flavor, and the banana adds to the creamy texture.
- 1/2 cup (2 1/2 oz./75 g) green grapes
- 1 orange, peeled and halved
- 1/2 banana, peeled
- 1/2 cup (2 oz./60 g) chopped carrot
- 2 cups (2 oz./60 g) lightly packed fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup (2 1/2 oz./75 g) frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz./185 g) ice cubes
In a Vitamix blender, combine all the ingredients in the order listed and cover with the lid. Puree, slowly increasing the speed to high and using the tamper the press the ingredients into the blades if necessary, until smooth, about 1 minute. Serves 2.
Recipe courtesy of Vitamix