Hamachi with Beets and Horseradish
This recipe from Chef Michael Solomonov calls for labneh, a Middle Eastern yogurt cheese. If it is unavailable, use plain Greek yogurt instead.
- 6 oz. (185 g) hamachi (yellowtail), very thinly sliced
- 4 Tbs. (2 fl. oz./60 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 red beet, roasted, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated fresh horseradish
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (2 oz./60 g) labneh or Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh chives
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Arrange the hamachi on 4 plates, dividing the slices evenly. Drizzle with the olive oil, dividing it evenly, and sprinkle with salt.
In a bowl, stir together the beets, horseradish, lemon juice, labneh, chives and parsley. Place a dollop of the beet mixture on each portion of hamachi and serve immediately. Serves 4.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michael Solomonov, Zahav, Philadelphia