Grilled Southwestern Pizza
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 batch Thin Crust Pizza Dough
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- 1/2 cup crumbled ricotta salata cheese
- 1 ear of corn, roasted and kernels removed from
cob (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced precooked chorizo sausage,
or crumbled and cooked fresh chorizo
- 1 Tbs. fresh cilantro leaves
In a small fry pan over low heat, warm the olive oil. Add the garlic, then remove the pan from the heat.
Using a rolling pin or your hands, gently roll out or stretch the pizza dough into a 10-inch round. Lightly dust a pizza peel with flour and lay the dough on top. Lightly brush the dough with the garlic-infused olive oil. Scatter the cheese evenly over the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Arrange the corn, bell pepper and chorizo on top, overlapping the ingredients slightly.
Carefully slide the pizza onto the preheated Pizza Que Grill, cover the grill and bake until the crust is golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Scatter the cilantro on top. Using the pizza peel, transfer the pizza to a cutting board and cut into slices. Serve immediately. Serves 2 to 4.