Grilled Asparagus and Prosciutto Pizza
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 batch Thin Crust Pizza Dough
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4 inch
- 2 asparagus spears, cut into 3-inch pieces and
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into strips 2
- 1 oz. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved into
In a small fry pan over low heat, warm the olive oil. Add the garlic, then remove the pan from the heat.
Using a rolling pin or your hands, gently roll out or stretch the pizza dough into a 10-inch round. Lightly dust a pizza peel with flour and lay the dough on top. Lightly brush the dough with the garlic-infused olive oil. Scatter the mozzarella cheese evenly over the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Arrange the asparagus and onion on top. Drape the prosciutto over the vegetables.
Carefully slide the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone, cover the grill and bake until the crust is golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Scatter the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese on top. Using the pizza peel, transfer the pizza to a cutting board and cut into slices. Serve immediately. Serves 2 to 4.