Chive Risotto with Truffle Oil
- 2 bunches fresh chives
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock, warmed
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3 to 4 Tbs. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbs. white truffle oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 small preserved black truffle, sliced paper-thin
In a risotto pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion and sauté, stirring, until translucent, 3 to4 minutes. Add the rice and sauté, stirring constantly, until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the stock 1/2 cup at a time and cook, stirring constantly, adding more stock as needed. Continue untilthe rice is tender but firm to the bite, 20 to 25 minutes.
Stir in the herbs, 2/3 cup of the cheese, the butter, salt, pepper and the 1 Tbs. truffle oil. Serve immediately, garnished with the remaining 1/3 cup cheese, truffle oil and truffle slices.