Chipotle Pork Tacos
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 cups roasted pork, cut into thin strips or shredded
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 can (7 oz.) chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 8 corn tortillas, each 5 inches in diameter, warmed
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, crumbled
In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 Tbs. of the olive oil. Add the pork, season with salt and pepper, and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Make the salsa and assemble the tacos
In a blender, puree the chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, the remaining 1 Tbs. oil and the lime juice. Divide the pork evenly among the tortillas. Drizzle with the salsa and top with the avocado. Garnish with the cilantro, onion and queso fresco and serve immediately. Serves 4.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, One Pot, by Carrolyn Carreño (Oxmoor House, 2008).