Chicken & Mango Salad
- 2/3 cup peanut or canola oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 2 to 3 tsp. Asian chili oil (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 2 cups shredded roast chicken, homemade or purchased
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
In a food processor or blender, combine the peanut oil, vinegar, mustard and chili oil and process until blended. Add the garlic and chutney and continue to process to form a smooth puree.
Assemble the salad
In a bowl, combine the chicken, celery, onion, cashews and mango. Add the vinaigrette and toss gently to coat. Divide the lettuce among individual plates, top with the chicken mixture and serve. Serves 4.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Weeknight, by Melanie Barnard (Oxmoor House, 2006).