Cavatappi with Sausage and Tomato
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 3/4 lb. hot Italian sausage with fennel seed,
loose or casings removed
- 1 lb. ripe plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. dried cavatappi or fusilli
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Bring a large pot three-fourths full of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta, stir well and cook until al dente (tender but firm to the bite), about 12 minutes or according to the package directions. While the pasta is cooking, reheat the sauce gently over low heat.
Drain the pasta and return to the warm pot. Add the sauce and toss. Divide among warmed dishes and serve immediately. Pass the cheese at the table.