Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb. Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 oz. cotija or feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 to 3 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 flour tortillas
- Sour cream for serving
- Salsa for serving
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill. Set a Pizza Que Grill on the grill and preheat according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Place 2 tortillas on the Pizza-Que Grill. Spread about 3/4 cup of the black bean mixture on each tortilla, then top each with another tortilla. Close the lid and cook, turning the quesadillas once, until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
Transfer the quesadillas to a cutting board and cut each into quarters. Serve immediately with sour cream and salsa. Repeat to assemble and cook the remaining quesadillas. Serves 6.