Bacon, Egg and Cheese Croque-Monsieur
- 2 Tbs. softened unsalted butter
- 4 slices country-style white sandwich bread
- 2 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped crispy fried bacon
- 2 slices sharp white cheddar cheese
Butter one side of each bread slice. Lay 2 bread slices, buttered side down, on the preheated croque-monsieur maker. Crack an egg onto each slice, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange equal amounts of bacon and cheese over each egg, then top each with one of the remaining bread slices, buttered side up.
Close the lid and cook the sandwiches according to the manufacturer's instructions until the egg is cooked to your liking.
Transfer the sandwiches to a cutting board and cut in half. Serve immediately.