Zwilling Twin 1731 9" Sharpening Steel
- Vendor Shipped
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
A knife is most efficient—and safest—when maintained regularly through honing. This honing steel ensures your premium kitchen cutlery stays razor sharp, smoothing and realigning the blade edges for quicker cuts with less resistance.
- Maintains the razor-sharp edge of most knife blades between sharpenings.
- Do not use on serrated or scalloped blades.
- Sturdy high-carbon steel resists stains and corrosion.
- Untreated, oiled ebony wood handle.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9" rod, 4 1/2" handle.
- 12.7 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- Hone knife before each use to maintain the sharpest edge.
- To properly hone the knife, hold it at approximately 15-degree angle; santoku knives should be held at a 9–12-degree angle.
- Should metal filings accumulate on the steel, remove them with a damp cloth.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.