Zwilling Kanren 12-Piece Block Set
- Only at Williams Sonoma
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Named after the Japanese word for "connection," Zwilling's Kanren collection unites German engineering with Japanese craftsmanship. Hand-honed Honbazuke blades slice, dice, chop and carve with scalpel-like sharpness thanks to high performance carbide stainless steel. Triple-riveted Micarta handles feature Zwilling's signature curved bolster, promoting a secure grip and comfortable, fatigue-free cutting.
- Includes five of the most commonly used knives, plus four steak knives, kitchen shears, a sharpening steel and a storage block.
- 48-layer Damascus-style blades are hand honed in high performance stainless steel for remarkable corrosion-, stain- and chip–resistance.
- Zwilling's signature curved bolster and black linen Micarta handle are ergonomically designed for safe, comfortable handling.
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan.
12-Piece Set includes:
- 4" paring knife.
- 5 1/2 prep knife.
- 8" chef's knife.
- 9" carving knife.
- 9" bread knife.
- 4 1/2" steak knives (set of 4).
- Twin Select kitchen shears.
- Diamond steel.
- 12-slot acacia storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 4" Paring Knife: 4" blade, 4 1/2" handle; 3.9 oz.
- 5 1/2 Prep Knife: 5 1/2" blade, 4 1/2" handle; 4.3 oz.
- 8" Chef's Knife: 8" blade, 4 3/4" handle; 7.7 oz.
- 9" Carving Knife: 9" blade, 4 3/4" handle; 7.2 oz.
- 9" Bread Knife: 9" blade, 4 3/4" handle; 7.2 oz.
- 4 1/2" Steak Knives (Set of 4): 4 1/2" blade, 4 1/2" handle; 4.1 oz.
- Kitchen Shears: 8" overall; 3.5 oz.
- Diamond Steel: 9" steel; 5" handle; 6.3 oz.
- Storage Block: 11 1/2" x 5" x 8 1/2" high.
- Knives made in Japan; wood block made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 15-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.