Zwilling J.A. Henckels Pro Santoku Knife
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
This hollow-ground santoku knife excels for precision chopping, slicing and mincing of meat, fish and vegetables. A special curved bolster design by architect Matteo Thun promotes a perfect professional grip for comfort and safety, and allows both Western rocking cuts and Asian chop cuts.
- Each knife is precision forged using Zwilling’s Sigmaforge process, resulting in an exceptionally hard yet flexible blade.
- Zwilling’s Friodur ice-hardening technique results in a harder, sharper blade that is corrosion resistant and highly elastic.
- Blade has hollow-ground depressions to reduce friction and minimize sticking.
- Precise lasers are used to ensure each blade’s edge is at the optimal cutting angle for maximum sharpness.
- Arched bolster designed by architect Matteo Thun perfectly supports the thumb for ultimate comfort, safety and precise handling. Also allows the full length of the edge to be sharpened, from tip to end.
- The sleek ABS resin handle is triple riveted to the blade and contoured for a secure, comfortable grip.
- Made in Germany by Zwilling J.A. Henckels since 1731.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 5" santoku: 5"-long blade, 5" handle, 5.5 oz.
- 7" santoku: 7"-long blade, 5"handle, 6 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within 3-5 business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Rated 5 out of 5 by berkeleycook from My Favorite Knife This knife has great balance and a good weight. I like the length of the blade and it is now my go to choice!Date published: 2016-11-14Rated 5 out of 5 by AnneGO from I use this knife every day I use my 5" Henckels Santoku knife for everything except delicate peeling jobs. Big enough to handle thick cuts, it's also highly maneuverable. I'm a smaller woman (5'4"), and the weight and length of the knife are perfect for my hands--the knife is heavy-duty without being heavy. I have owned this knife for 3.5 years and have only needed to sharpen it three times. I bought the 7" version for my brother since his hands are bigger than mine, and he also uses his daily.Date published: 2015-05-13Rated 5 out of 5 by freckledfriend from Excellent All Purpose Blade Because of the price, I had to choose between this Pro Santoku Knife and a Chefs Knife of the same size. This blade works much better when chopping vegetables and slices meat very well. I would probably do better with a 5" blade.Date published: 2013-11-18