Zwilling Four Star 2-Piece Prep Set
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
These two prep knives help you with everything from small paring jobs to larger slicing and chopping tasks. Designed in collaboration with renowned professional chefs, Zwilling Four Star cutlery has been a best-selling series since it debuted in 1976. The commercial-quality German-made knives combine ergonomically contoured handles with precision-forged blades that are ice hardened for maximum strength, then hand sharpened for impeccable performance.
- Set includes 5 1/2" fine-edge prep knife and 5 1/2" serrated prep knife.
- Precision-forged using Zwilling's Sigmaforge process, which incorporates the Friodur ice-hardening technique to produce corrosion-resistant blades that are exceptionally hard yet flexible.
- Each high-carbon stainless-steel blade is hand sharpened and polished by master craftsmen to create a long-lasting, razor-sharp edge.
- Precise lasers are used to ensure each blade's edge is at the ideal cutting angle for maximum sharpness.
- Made in Germany by Zwilling J.A. Henckels, founded in 1731.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Fine-edge prep knife: 5 1/2" blade, 3 3/4" handle; 2.5 oz.
- Serrated prep knife: 5 1/2" blade, 4 1/4" handle; 3.5 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Ergonomically contoured polypropylene handle has just enough texture to guarantee a secure, comfortable grip.
- Bolster transitions seamlessly to handle to accommodate a wide variety of specialized cutting grips.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain each knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, knives should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Fine-edge prep knife: Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Serrated prep knife: Sharpen knife at home using a sharpener specifically designed for a serrated blade, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knives in a safe place to protect edges and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.