Wüsthof Gourmet Cleaver
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
In its seventh-generation of family ownership, Wüsthof has been making some of the finest kitchen cutlery in the world since 1814. The Gourmet line features precision stainless-steel blades that resist stains and rust and hold an exceedingly sharp edge.
- Chopping through thick meat, bone and tendons demands the heavyweight, well-balanced blade of a cleaver.
- Stamped blade is made of high-carbon stainless steel for top performance and durability.
- Triple-riveted high-impact plastic handle provides a secure, comfortable grip.
- 8”-long blade; 4 /34”-long handle; 12.5 oz..
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
Rated 1 out of 5 by ChicagoSouth from This is not a cleaver After 3 months of use the blade chipped while breaking down a T-bone steak. I was able to return to W and S without a problem and the general consensus at the store was that this also should not be listed as a cleaver given the thin blade. Strongly recommend not buying this if you intend to actually use it to butcher any meat.Date published: 2014-12-29Rated 5 out of 5 by Sexybeast from Our Favorite Knife I bought this cleaver for my husband's birthday. We butcher our own poultry and he has always wanted a good knife to do so. My husband told me this was the best birthday present he has ever received! The knife works great on everyday chopping of vegetables too!Date published: 2013-09-21