Wüsthof Gourmet 18-Piece Knife Block Set
In its seventh-generation of family ownership, Wüsthof has been making some of the finest kitchen cutlery in the world since 1814. The Gourmet line features precision stainless-steel blades that resist stains and rust and hold an exceedingly sharp edge.
- This set includes all the most common kitchen knives, as well as some specialty knives for more advanced prep work. Also included is a 6-piece steak knife set.
- The stamped blades are made of high-carbon stainless steel for top performance and durability.
- Triple-riveted high-impact plastic handles provide a secure, comfortable grip.
- Handsome hardwood block safely stores 17 items and is gentle on knives’ edges.
- Knives are made in Germany.
- Knife block is made in China.
18-Piece Set includes:
- 2 1/4" peeling knife
- 2 3/4" trimming knife
- 2 1/2" paring knife
- 3" paring knife
- 4 1/2" utility knife
- Six 4 1/2" steak knives
- 5" spreader
- 5" hollow-edge santoku
- 8" bread knife
- 8" chef's knife
- Honing steel
- Kitchen shears
- 17-slot storage block
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 2 1/4" Peeling Knife: 2 1/4"-long blade, 4"-long handle; 1 oz.
- 2 3/4" Trimming Knife : 2 3/4"-long blade, 4"-long handle; 1 oz.
- 2 1/2" Paring Knife: 2 1/2"-long blade, 4"-long handle; 1 oz.
- 3" Paring Knife: 3"-long blade, 4"-long handle; 1 oz.
- Steak Knife (6): 4 1/2"-long blade, 4 1/4"-long handle; 1.75 oz.
- 4 1/2" Utility Knife: 4 1/2"-long blade, 4 1/2"-long handle; 1.75 oz.
- 5" Spreader: 5"-long blade, 4 1/2"-long handle; 1.75 oz.
- 5" Hollow-Edge Santoku: 5"-long blade, 4 3/4"-long handle; 2 oz.
- 8" Bread Knife: 8"-long blade, 4 3/4"-long handle; 3.5 oz.
- 8" Chef's Knife: 8"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 6.25 oz.
- Honing Steel: 9"-long blade, 4 1/2"-long handle; 6.5 oz.
- Kitchen Shears: 8" long; 3.75 oz.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Teddybear53 from Knives are great I've bought other sets of knives for cutting my own meat and freezing it, I have to say these hands down are way better than the other sets , cuts easily through tender or tough meat! Highly recommend them to other people to purchase!Date published: 2017-01-17Rated 1 out of 5 by PhotoMom from Quality is horrendous! I have not been this disappointed in a product from WS ever. My husband surprised me with this set for my birthday in January. The first time I used one of the steak knives it was washed immediately after use (with a soft sponge) and left to air dry on our dish rack. In the morning, the tip had rusted and there are water marks that simply will not come off. Each knife I have used I've had to wash and dry immediately (to prevent rust) and they still have tiny scratches all over them. It makes the knives look ridiculously cheap. My eight year old Calphalon knife set (and much less expensive) looks better than this set I've had for 3 months. The quality is horrendous and price is appalling. The *only* positive comment I have is that the knives are very sharp. What was once an exciting splurge is now a disappointing, constant reminder. This was my first and will absolutely be my last Wusthof item.Date published: 2016-04-04Rated 5 out of 5 by fanceyshmancey from Great Knives I purchased this set as a Christmas present to the household. Great set. Glad that we splurged. Worth every penny.Date published: 2016-01-18Rated 5 out of 5 by TheBows from Wonderful set Very pleased with the craftsmanship, look, and overall functionality. We couldn't be happier with our purchase. We look forward to adding a few more to this setDate published: 2015-11-03Rated 5 out of 5 by Cheesecakelady from They work like a charm Very sharp, very nice set of knifes. I had been waiting for these to go on sale, so when I saw that they were on sale I finally broke down and bought them. They are beautiful, work wonderfully,and came very quickly from Williams-Sonoma. I have no complaints, not even that you have to hand wash them. I understand. I guess if you want them to last longer you'll hand wash them, no biggie. Just be very careful, they are very sharp.Date published: 2015-08-22Rated 2 out of 5 by ScottK from If you like rust, you’ll love these knives On one of my very first uses of these knives in the dishwasher, they rusted (see photo). The instructions recommend hand wash, but they also say dishwashing is fine. It wasn’t as though I left them in a tub of water for a week—no, one or two washing and they rusted. On the positive side, the sharpness, appearance, and comfort of the knives is very good. But if you pay hundreds of dollars for a set of knives, you expect they don’t rust within a week.Date published: 2015-08-20Rated 2 out of 5 by Liam007 from Width of Gourmet 18 piece Knife set Didn't think they were worth the price I paid for them. The knifes don't even fit in the block. Wish I would of returned themDate published: 2015-07-26Rated 4 out of 5 by Conroe from Waiting for sale I'm very pleased with the knives and they are very sharp. I chose a very good color for the knife block. I like the block because I can add other size knives without changing the block. Thank you for the good offerDate published: 2015-06-10