Wüsthof Classic Hollow-Edge Santoku Knife
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Combining the duties of both a chef's knife and a cleaver, this santoku is deftly proportioned for precision tasks like mincing and paper-thin slicing. The high-carbon-steel blade has shallow oval-shaped depressions along the cutting edge that keep foods from adhering to it.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Blade has hollow-edge depressions to reduce friction and minimize sticking.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- Polypropylene handle is contoured for a comfortable grip.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 5" knife: 5"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 3.8 oz.
- 7" knife: 7"-long blade; 4 1/2" long handle; 4 oz.
- 8" knife: 8"-long blade, 4 1/2" handle; 8 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within 3-5 business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
- Gift with Purchase
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Rated 5 out of 5 by IncognitoNL from My favorite knife in the Wusthof Classic series This knife is and stays very sharp (when maintaining it well). Moreover, it is the perfect size for all medium to large cutting jobs, such as onions, bell peppers, meat, etc. Due to the knife's thin blade, it's a bit fragile. Therefore, I would not recommend to use the knife to cut hard products (e.g. butternut). For all other cutting jobs, this knife is my favorite.Date published: 2018-01-09Rated 5 out of 5 by Izabelly from My favorite knife...ever. I literally use this for everything. Even my mother who scoffed at how much I paid for one knife, put one on her wish list as soon as she used it.Date published: 2016-12-29Rated 4 out of 5 by Desertmama from My new knife It makes cutting so easy whether it's chicken, tomatoes, or even butter. We have recently been making meals that come with prepackaged ingredients. Lots of chopping is involved. I wanted a knife that collected fewer pieces on the blade than my regular chef's knife. This advertised just that; however, my new knife collects almost as many pieces as my old chef's knife. Therefore 4 stars instead of 5.Date published: 2016-10-07Rated 5 out of 5 by TheBeatkat from Has become my favorite tool.. This knife is my favorite in my growing collection of Wusthof Classic knives. Handles almost every task in the kitchen, I have the 7" and it chops anything accurately and with ease, and then acts as transfer tool to move the chopped items where they need to go..Hefty blade at the heel (back), where it even has the heft to cut through smaller bones...ergonomic and balanced, a beautiful tool...even handles raw boneless chicken and beef with command... just don't let the kids use it and throw it in the sink with all their other dirty dishes!Date published: 2016-10-05Rated 4 out of 5 by Aformaro from Good knife but don't spend the money on engraving Great knife, but don't spend the extra money for engraving. After washing a few times it is already coming off.Date published: 2016-01-16Rated 4 out of 5 by Tunarossy from Great knife Very sharp edge out of the box. Have a set of Classic Ikon but missing the Santuko so ordered this based on sale price. Prefer the feel of Ikon, but for the price, very pleased with the performance so far.Date published: 2015-09-15Rated 5 out of 5 by lilitalia from Great for veggies! I purchased the 7" Santoku and it's great for vegetables, among other things. I now use it more than my chef's knife. All of the Classic knives are great quality.Date published: 2015-04-29Rated 5 out of 5 by AKB159 from First rate As with every Wusthoff item I've owned, the Santoku knife is a joy to work with. It makes work go more quickly and the 5" is just the right size for me. Exceptional quality for the sale price.Date published: 2015-02-25