Wüsthof Classic 5 1/2" Boning Knife
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Designed to remove bones from poultry and meat, this top-quality German boning knife has a narrow blade that curves inward at the cutting edge. The razor-sharp blade is made of a high-carbon-steel alloy that guarantees its longevity.
- Narrow blade curves inward for maximum control when removing meat and poultry from the bone and has a sharp, tapered point for trimming fat and cutting tendons.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- Polypropylene handle is contoured for a comfortable grip.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 5 1/2"-long blade.
- 5"-long handle.
- 4.5 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by RockyRocks from Highly recommended I've used this knife over and over again deboning large shoulder pork(s) for my pastelès (patties) and it has not failed me yet. It has been one of my favorite purchases - it's made my task easier to accomplish with less time. Knife stays sharp and with a lot of use when needed I put it through the sharper wolá it's sharp again.Date published: 2016-04-10Rated 5 out of 5 by THREEBOYSMOM from NECESSARY KITCHEN TOOL I have used this knife for over 26 years and find it most necessary in the kitchen for prepping chicken for a meal. I recently purchased a second one so my sons can take turns honing their skills. Don't hesitate to purchase if you are in the market for a boning knife. The quality and value is really first rate.Date published: 2012-02-16