Willie Bird Fresh Pre-Brined Turkey, Thanksgiving Delivery
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Brining a turkey is a wonderful method for enhancing its juiciness and flavor, but home cooks are often intimidated by the time and space required. Our pre-brined Willie Bird turkey offers a convenient alternative. The turkey is shipped in a vacuum-sealed bag directly from a family farm in Northern California, where free-range birds are raised on natural grains, free of antibiotics and hormones. Inspired by our best-selling autumn fruit and spice blend recipe, this year's brine features hints of hints of apple, lemon, garlic and rosemary – for a turkey that's savory, succulent and not overly salty.
- See More Info tab for number of servings per weight range.
Shipped fresh to arrive chilled; will keep for up to 7 days refrigerated.
- Quantities are limited; preorder yours today for automatic Thanksgiving or Christmas delivery.
- For Thanksgiving Delivery, order by November 22, 2019, 11:59pm PT, for delivery on November 26–27.
- For Christmas Delivery, order by December 20, 2019, 11:59pm PT, for delivery on December 24.
- Please note: Once an order has been placed, no updates can be made to the shipping address.
- Made in USA.
- See More Info tab for number of servings per weight range.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Approx. 10–12 lb. (serves 7–9).
- Approx. 12–14 lb. (serves approx. 9–11).
- Approx. 14–16 lb. (serves approx. 11–13).
- Approx. 16–18 lb. (serves approx. 13–14).
- Approx. 20–22 lb. (serves approx. 16–18).
- Approx. 24–26 lb. (serves 19–21).
- Giblets are not included.
- Use & Care
- Your turkey was shipped fresh with ice packs to arrive chilled. Refrigerate or freeze the turkey, still in the vacuum-sealed bag, immediately upon receipt; it keeps 5 days refrigerated and up to 3 months frozen. Remove the turkey from the refrigerator 1 hour before roasting and remove it from the bag. Do not leave the turkey at room temperature longer than 1 hour.
Roasting an Unstuffed Turkey
- A turkey is easier to prepare and roasts more evenly and faster if left unstuffed; the stuffing can be baked separately. The times listed below are calculated for an unstuffed turkey. Bring the bird to room temperature. Place it, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan and roast at 400°F for 30 minutes. Then reduce the oven temperature to 325°F and continue roasting until done. Allow 13 to 15 minutes per pound.
Turkey Weight Approximate Roasting Time
- 12 to 14 lb. 2 3/4 to 3 1/4 hours
- 14 to 16 lb. 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 16 to 18 lb. 3 1/4 to 4 hours
- 20 to 22 lb. 3 3/4 to 4 1/2 hours
- 24 to 26 lb. 4 to 4 3/4 hours
Roasting a Stuffed Turkey
- Stuff the turkey just before putting it in the oven (do not stuff it earlier). Spoon the dressing loosely into the body and neck cavities. Do not overfill, as the dressing will expand during roasting. Truss the turkey. To facilitate removing the stuffing, first line the inside of the cavity with a double layer of cheesecloth, allowing it to extend beyond the cavity by a few inches. Then spoon the stuffing inside. After roasting the bird, gently pull the overhanging cheesecloth and the stuffing will slip out easily, neatly tucked inside the cheesecloth. To ensure that a stuffed turkey cooks evenly, roast the bird slowly, breast side up, at 325°F, covering the breast loosely with foil for the first two-thirds of the roasting time. Using the chart at left, add about 30 minutes to the total cooking time for stuffed birds weighing 16 lb. or less, and about 1 hour for birds weighing more than 16 lb.
Testing for Doneness
- The breast and thighs must reach different internal temperatures for ideal doneness. The breast should register 165°F and the thigh, 175°F. Begin testing for doneness 30 minutes to 1 hour before the total roasting time is reached. To test the breast using an instant-read thermometer, insert it into the meatiest part, several inches above the wings.To test the thigh, insert the instant-read thermometer alongside the opening of the main cavity underneath the drumstick, away from the bone. This is the meatiest part of the thigh.
- The turkey will continue to cook internally after you remove it from the oven, so you may take it out when the thermometer registers 3°F to 4°F below the minimum temperature. Then cover the bird loosely with aluminum foil. If roasting a stuffed bird, be sure the stuffing reaches 165°F. After taking the turkey out of the oven, let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes. This allows time for some of the juices to be absorbed back into the meat, which makes it easier to carve and more moist. If roasting a stuffed bird, remove all of the stuffing at serving time.
- Turkey, water, salt, spices (kosher salt, apple powder, lemon powder [lemon, maltodextrin, cornstarch], garlic, juniper berry, rosemary, thyme, star anise, black pepper, bay leaf, onion).
To ensure freshness, this item is shipped overnight from the supplier and is not eligible for rush shipping. We do not ship perishable items outside the contiguous 48 states or P.O. Boxes.
- For Thanksgiving delivery, order by 11:59PM PT, Friday, November 22 to arrive November 26-27.
- For Christmas delivery, order by 11:59PM PT, Sunday, December 15 to arrive December 24.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. Delivery surcharges apply. View Shipping Options and Charges. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.
- About Willie Bird Turkeys
The Benedetti family started raising turkeys in Northern California's Sonoma County in 1948. In 1963, Willie Benedetti developed the formula for the now-famous Willie Bird turkey, which the family raises in the rolling, oak-studded hills just east of Santa Rosa. The birds roam freely around the grassy acreage, tended and nurtured by Willie, his brother Riley and their cousin Rocky Koch. The best we've tasted, Willie Bird free-range turkeys are raised with care, fed only the best natural grains and vegetable proteins, and never treated with hormones or antibiotics.
You May Also Like
Willie Bird Fresh Free-Range Pre-Brined Organic Turkey, Thanksgiving Delivery
Williams Sonoma Classic Turkey Gravy Base
Brining Bags, Set of 3
Williams Sonoma Focaccia Stuffing
Rated 5 out of 5 by T Lewis from Fantastic Turkey Having the privilege of being a Forth generation from Sonoma county and enjoying the Willie Bird Restaurant and Deli and knowing the great reputation that Willie Bird had . Unfortunately we lost Willie this year due to cancer and can honestly say I never heard a bad word about Willie Benedetti so in his honor him I ordered a Willie Bird Turkey for thanksgiving For my family including my parents which are now in their 80,s we all agreed best turkey ever . I am in the animal livestock business and have fed out other Turkeys and this is a superior bird hands down .Date published: 2018-11-23