Willie Bird Fresh Pre-Brined Turkey, Thanksgiving Delivery
- Premier Day
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Brining a turkey is a wonderful method for enhancing its juiciness and flavor, but home cooks are often intimidated by the time and space required. Our prebrined Willie Bird turkey offers a convenient alternative. Our brine recipe blends rosemary, thyme and sage with just the right amount of garlic and salt, so the turkeys roast up savory, succulent and not overly salty. The free-range turkeys are shipped in a vacuum-sealed bag directly from a family farm in California's Sonoma County, where the birds are raised on natural grains, free of antibiotics and hormones.
- See More Info tab for number of servings per weight range.
- Shipped fresh to arrive chilled.
- Quantities are limited; preorder yours today for automatic Thanksgiving or Christmas delivery (see Shipping tab for details).
- Made in USA.
- See More Info tab for number of servings per weight range.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Approx. 10–12 lb. (serves 7–9).
- Approx. 12–14 lb. (serves approx. 9–11)
- Approx. 14–16 lb. (serves approx. 11–13)
- Approx. 16–18 lb. (serves approx. 13–14)
- Approx. 20–22 lb. (serves approx. 16–18)
- Approx. 24–26 lb. (serves 19–21)
- Giblets are not included.
- Use & Care
- Your turkey was shipped fresh with ice packs to arrive chilled. Refrigerate or freeze the turkey, still in the vacuum-sealed bag, immediately upon receipt; it keeps 5 days refrigerated and up to 3 months frozen. Remove the turkey from the refrigerator 1 hour before roasting and remove it from the bag. Do not leave the turkey at room temperature longer than 1 hour.
Roasting an Unstuffed Turkey
- A turkey is easier to prepare and roasts more evenly and faster if left unstuffed; the stuffing can be baked separately. The times listed below are calculated for an unstuffed turkey. Bring the bird to room temperature. Place it, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan and roast at 400°F for 30 minutes. Then reduce the oven temperature to 325°F and continue roasting until done. Allow 13 to 15 minutes per pound.
Turkey Weight Approximate Roasting Time
- 12 to 14 lb. 2 3/4 to 3 1/4 hours
- 14 to 16 lb. 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 16 to 18 lb. 3 1/4 to 4 hours
- 20 to 22 lb. 3 3/4 to 4 1/2 hours
- 24 to 26 lb. 4 to 4 3/4 hours
Roasting a Stuffed Turkey
- Stuff the turkey just before putting it in the oven (do not stuff it earlier). Spoon the dressing loosely into the body and neck cavities. Do not overfill, as the dressing will expand during roasting. Truss the turkey. To facilitate removing the stuffing, first line the inside of the cavity with a double layer of cheesecloth, allowing it to extend beyond the cavity by a few inches. Then spoon the stuffing inside. After roasting the bird, gently pull the overhanging cheesecloth and the stuffing will slip out easily, neatly tucked inside the cheesecloth. To ensure that a stuffed turkey cooks evenly, roast the bird slowly, breast side up, at 325°F, covering the breast loosely with foil for the first two-thirds of the roasting time. Using the chart at left, add about 30 minutes to the total cooking time for stuffed birds weighing 16 lb. or less, and about 1 hour for birds weighing more than 16 lb.
Testing for Doneness
- The breast and thighs must reach different internal temperatures for ideal doneness. The breast should register 165°F and the thigh, 175°F. Begin testing for doneness 30 minutes to 1 hour before the total roasting time is reached. To test the breast using an instant-read thermometer, insert it into the meatiest part, several inches above the wings.To test the thigh, insert the instant-read thermometer alongside the opening of the main cavity underneath the drumstick, away from the bone. This is the meatiest part of the thigh.
- The turkey will continue to cook internally after you remove it from the oven, so you may take it out when the thermometer registers 3°F to 4°F below the minimum temperature. Then cover the bird loosely with aluminum foil. If roasting a stuffed bird, be sure the stuffing reaches 165°F. After taking the turkey out of the oven, let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes. This allows time for some of the juices to be absorbed back into the meat, which makes it easier to carve and more moist. If roasting a stuffed bird, remove all of the stuffing at serving time.
- Turkey, water, salt, spices (rosemary, thyme, sage garlic).
To ensure freshness, this item is shipped overnight from the supplier and is not eligible for rush shipping.
- For Thanksgiving delivery, order by 11:59PM PT, Friday, November 17; ships November 20 to arrive by November 22.
- For Christmas delivery, order by 11:59PM PT, Sunday, December 17; ships December 20 to arrive by December 22.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. Delivery surcharges apply. View Shipping Options and Charges. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.
You May Also Like
Williams Sonoma Turkey Gravy Base
Williams Sonoma Organic Turkey Gravy Base, Herbs de Provence
Brining Bags, Set of 3
- Free Fast Shipping
Rated 5 out of 5 by Charlene from Perfect I bought this turkey on a whim when visiting a friend's house Thanksgiving 2016. It was delivered to my friend's a few days before the holiday and she kept it in the refrigerator to make sure it thawed. We cooked it per the instructions and it turned out perfectly. I see the other reviews of it still being pink inside and I wonder if the turkey was completely thawed prior to cooking. Best turkey ever. I am considering one for Christmas this year depending on where I will be.Date published: 2017-11-14Rated 5 out of 5 by OKRob75 from Best Bird Ever! This is my third time to order/cook a Willie Bird pre-Brined Turkey, and it is the most moist and flavorful turkey we have ever eaten! It gets rave reviews from my entire family. It arrives packaged perfectly, cold but not frozen, and is easy to prepare and cook. The flavor has been wonderful regardless of the size of turkey. I will never order any other Turkey EVER! Highly highly recommend.Date published: 2016-12-14Rated 1 out of 5 by makethis from dissapointed I have bought this turkey before for several years but never again. I cooked it for seven hours and it was still pink. I followed instructions to a tee. The worst part was it smelt and tasted like pine needles. Not sure what was changed this year but I would definitely not purchase againDate published: 2016-12-08Rated 1 out of 5 by InAZ from WARNING: Read This FIRST Before Buying... I should have NOT purchased this based on the other 1 star reviews. I bought it anyway. 24lbs @ about $10 per pound. Yike$!! I started to worry about the pink gravy, the tough meat, and the off-flavor with tons of left overs. We experienced ALL of these. Pink gravy? Juices ran clear when checked, but it was still raw. It needed to cook longer. Lots of pink juice. Had to throw the carved pieces away. Put bird back in oven to save, then it dried out. Tough meat? Yup, got that. Texture was kind of rubbery. Not a normal turkey texture. Off-flavor? That depends. No real turkey taste, just a pronounced poultry seasoning flavor with heavy sage. After unpackaging, I rinsed the bird well to remove any extra brine and saltiness. Flavor was infused throughout. The skin and fat did not taste right either. This flavor isn't for me. Left overs? You bet! ALL of it. No one ate it nor took any home. This is the WORST turkey we ever had! Please save your $$$ and have Happier Thanksgiving or holiday!Date published: 2016-11-25Rated 5 out of 5 by Storms from Willie Turkey Best turkey I've ever had and my guest agreed! I'm definitely ordering one for Christmas and I never have a turkey on Christmas. My whole family request that I make it again well worth the price.Date published: 2015-12-16Rated 5 out of 5 by KAL1 from Awesome for 1st time cooking thanksgiving! I do not cook. Thus, when I was tasked with hosting Thanksgiving this year in my new home, I wanted to make it as easy as possible. This bird delivered and more. It came on Tuesday night, I followed the instructions, which were simple (i.e., bring to room temp before putting in oven) and it came out flawless. I not only met my standard for success (i.e., no one got sick), but exceeded it, as everyone commented on how great the turkey tasted. That taste also lasted for days later as we ate the leftovers. I cannot recommend this product more. If you are looking to make the turkey making process as easy as possible (whether a beginner or seasoned pro) this is the way to go.Date published: 2015-12-14Rated 1 out of 5 by iamjazzy from Willie Bird Turkey I have been making turkeys for 42 years but this was the worst turkey ever & I am extremely sorry I purchased it. It went straight in the trash & Thanksgiving was ruined. This turkey was tough and I cooked it properly, and the gravy was pink, PINK!!! I cooked it correctly so it was not my fault. It will be a long if ever before I purchase food from you again as well as anything else. Also, I used the friends & family discount but was told it would not apply because I used the free shipping code which I did not. I used my William Sonoma credit which automatically gives me free shipping. Nothing about this transaction went right & I am extremely angry!!!Date published: 2015-12-13Rated 5 out of 5 by mom2krypto from It doesn't get any better than this! I have been ordering these Willie Bird pre-brined turkeys for several years now. At first I was hesitant, given the cost. "Is there anything that can justify paying this kind of money for a turkey?" I wondered. As it turns out, the answer is yes. Everyone in my family raves about how delicious and moist it is. I like to think that I did a good job with "regular" turkeys prior to this, but I have to admit, the brining makes a huge difference. The meat has been moist and flavorful each and every time I've roasted these birds, so I would have to say they are well worth the cost.Date published: 2015-12-11