Willie Bird Fresh Free-Range Turkey, Christmas Delivery
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Just before the holidays, people wait in line for hours to buy all-natural turkeys at the Willie Bird ranch in Sonoma County, California. These legendary birds are among the world's best: extraordinarily juicy, succulent and flavorful. They’re raised on a tasty natural diet and allowed to roam freely on the golden, oak-shaded hills. The coveted turkeys are shipped directly to you directly from the farm – no standing in line required!
- Quantities are limited; preorder yours today for automatic Christmas delivery (see Shipping tab for details).
- Shipped fresh to arrive chilled.
- Made in USA.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Approx. 10–12 lb. (serves approx. 8–10)
- Approx. 12–14 lb. (serves approx. 9–11)
- Approx. 14–16 lb. (serves approx. 11–13)
- Approx. 16–18 lb. (serves approx. 13–14)
- Approx. 18–20 lb. (serves approx. 14–16)
- Approx. 20–22 lb. (serves approx. 16–18)
- Approx. 24–26 lb. (serves approx. 19–21)
- Giblets are included.
- Use & Care
- Your turkey was shipped fresh with ice packs to arrive chilled. Refrigerate or freeze the turkey, still in the vacuum-sealed bag, immediately upon receipt; it keeps 7 days refrigerated and up to 3 months frozen. Remove the turkey from the refrigerator 1 hour before roasting and remove it from the bag. Do not leave the turkey at room temperature longer than 1 hour.
Roasting an Unstuffed Turkey
- A turkey is easier to prepare and roasts more evenly and faster if left unstuffed; the stuffing can be baked separately. The times listed below are calculated for an unstuffed turkey. Bring the bird to room temperature. Place it, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan and roast at 400°F for 30 minutes. Then reduce the oven temperature to 325°F and continue roasting until done. Allow 13 to 15 minutes per pound.
Turkey Weight Approximate Roasting Time
- 10 to 12 lb. – 2 1/4 to 3 hours
- 12 to 14 lb. – 2 3/4 to 3 1/4 hours
- 14 to 16 lb. – 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 16 to 18 lb. – 3 1/4 to 4 hours
- 18 to 20 lb. – 3 1/2 to 4 1/4 hours
- 20 to 22 lb. – 3 3/4 to 4 1/2 hours
- 24 to 26 lb. – 4 to 4 3/4 hours
Roasting a Stuffed Turkey
- Stuff the turkey just before putting it in the oven (do not stuff it earlier). Spoon the dressing loosely into the body and neck cavities. Do not overfill, as the dressing will expand during roasting. Truss the turkey. To facilitate removing the stuffing, first line the inside of the cavity with a double layer of cheesecloth, allowing it to extend beyond the cavity by a few inches. Then spoon the stuffing inside. After roasting the bird, gently pull the overhanging cheesecloth and the stuffing will slip out easily, neatly tucked inside the cheesecloth. To ensure that a stuffed turkey cooks evenly, roast the bird slowly, breast side up, at 325°F, covering the breast loosely with foil for the first two-thirds of the roasting time. Using the chart at left, add about 30 minutes to the total cooking time for stuffed birds weighing 16 lb. or less, and about 1 hour for birds weighing more than 16 lb.
Testing for Doneness
- The breast and thighs must reach different internal temperatures for ideal doneness. The breast should register 165°F and the thigh, 175°F. Begin testing for doneness 30 minutes to 1 hour before the total roasting time is reached. To test the breast using an instant-read thermometer, insert it into the meatiest part, several inches above the wings.To test the thigh, insert the instant-read thermometer alongside the opening of the main cavity underneath the drumstick, away from the bone. This is the meatiest part of the thigh.
- The turkey will continue to cook internally after you remove it from the oven, so you may take it out when the thermometer registers 3°F to 4°F below the minimum temperature. Then cover the bird loosely with aluminum foil. If roasting a stuffed bird, be sure the stuffing reaches 165°F. After taking the turkey out of the oven, let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes. This allows time for some of the juices to be absorbed back into the meat, which makes it easier to carve and more moist. If roasting a stuffed bird, remove all of the stuffing at serving time.
- 100% turkey.
To ensure freshness, this item is shipped overnight from the supplier and is not eligible for rush shipping.
- For Thanksgiving delivery, order by 11:59PM PT, Friday, November 17; ships November 20 to arrive by November 22.
- For Christmas delivery, order by 11:59PM PT, Sunday, December 17; ships December 20 to arrive by December 22.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. Delivery surcharges apply. View Shipping Options and Charges. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.
- About Willie Bird Turkeys
The Benedetti family started raising turkeys in Northern California’s Sonoma County back in 1948. In 1963, Willie Benedetti developed the formula for the now-famous Willie Bird Turkey, which the family raises in the rolling, oak-studded hills just east of Santa Rosa. The birds roam freely around the grassy acreage, tended and nurtured by Willie, his brother Riley and their cousin Rocky Koch. The best we’ve tasted, Willie-Bird free-range turkeys are raised with care, fed only the best natural grains and vegetable proteins, and never treated with hormones or antibiotics.
You May Also Like
Williams Sonoma Turkey Gravy Base
Williams Sonoma Organic Turkey Gravy Base, Herbs de Provence
Brining Bags, Set of 3
- Free Fast Shipping
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lakennedy24 from Best decision ever! My traditional way of getting my free range natural turkey in past years was to order in advance @ a local farm. In the days prior to Thanksgving I would be forced to wait on a crazy line and deal with parking that could not accommodate the demand! This year I ordered a Wille Bird delivered to my home! Imagine? I have to say it was absolutely delicious...possibly better than the local bird....best part is how easy it was ! Directions that were provided were perfect. Thank you for helping host a fabulous Thanksgivng dinner. Well worth it!Date published: 2016-12-08Rated 5 out of 5 by cookingwithjackson from Smooth delivery process / quality turkey Unless you have an arrangement with a local turkey farm, I recommend this service hands down. A quality turkey is what's going to separate your dinner from the next; friends of mine actually said they preferred the taste of my turkey over others they had elsewhere, and I did nothing special - just rubbed the outside with some salt and pepper.Date published: 2016-11-29Rated 5 out of 5 by Holidaylover from Best turkey ever I have been buying Willie Birds from William Sonoma for many years. I feel that there is no better turkeys and William Sonoma makes purchasing very easy. If you like fresh turkey I highly recommend Willie Birds.Date published: 2016-11-06Rated 5 out of 5 by karenj from first time buyer I purchased a Willie bird for the first time this Thanksgiving. The bird arrived two days before. It was well insulated. It was easy to prepare. My family thought it was one of the best turkeys ever.Date published: 2015-12-19Rated 5 out of 5 by DonnainArizona from The way turkeys use to taste! Only better! We love the Willie Bird turkeys and can't imagine a Thanksgiving without one! Thank you, Williams Sonoma, for introducing us to this wonderful 'bird.' We tell everyone how amazing their flavor and texture are, year after year. Our shipment arrives on schedule, and our bird is icy cold and packed very well. These turkeys are everything you remembered from when turkeys tasted like turkeys! ❤️Date published: 2015-12-19Rated 5 out of 5 by Renorose from Perfection The little Willies always arrive on time, are consistently delicious and juicy. I smoked the bird this year, it was tasty and beautiful. I will buy again.Date published: 2015-11-27Rated 5 out of 5 by bjr738 from No other Bird I order Willie Bird for Thanksgiving and Christmas. There is no other bird on the market that even comes close to the flavor of Willie Bird. It comes out perfect every time.Date published: 2015-11-12Rated 5 out of 5 by Horsedoc1 from Best we have ever had This was the second year in a row we chose the Willie bird (pre brined). Everyone said it was the best turkey they have ever had.Date published: 2014-12-19