Williams Sonoma End-Grain Cutting Board, Birch
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
We developed our signature line of wooden cutting boards to be both beautiful and functional. Designed to protect the sharpest blades, the boards also provide stability during use and look handsome enough to keep out on the counter. These end-grain boards feature traditional butcher-block construction, with the wood pieces oriented vertically to maximize scratch resistance and minimize impact on cutting edges.
- Crafted of sustainably harvested yellow birch or walnut, sourced locally in the United States.
- End-grain construction provides exceptional strength and durability and won't dull knife blades.
- Hand grips are carved into sides for easy lifting.
- Doubles as a rustic serving piece for breads, cheeses and appetizers.
- Designed and made exclusively for Williams Sonoma in the USA.
- Finish with food-safe mineral oil.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Small: 14 1/2" x 10 1/2" x 1 1/2" thick.
- Medium: 18" x 13" x 1 1/2" thick.
- Large: 22" x 16" x 1 1/2" thick.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, apply the oil in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
Next Day Delivery
Rated 1 out of 5 by Minnie from Board warped overnight I purchased this board back in August 2018 after much contemplation, due to it being a little pricey. Had no issues with it until this morning. I usually hand wash the board and dry it, then set it on my kitchen countertop. I’m unsure if it’s the heat (I’m located in Los Angeles) that caused it to bend in the center, but it’s in a condition that I cannot use at this point. It’s a beautiful board but I cannot vouch for the quality. I’ve currently placed a heavy cast iron pot and a gallon sized stainless water bottle on top in hopes of flattening it out.Date published: 2019-08-17Rated 5 out of 5 by Vineyard Life from Love the look of this boars! I shopped several quality stores before deciding on this board and so happy with the results. Perfect size, great quality, not too heavy and so beautiful (especially once I oiled it). It will be staying out In the island!!Date published: 2019-01-30Rated 4 out of 5 by Lauren2846 from Nice solid board, but monogramming is off The board looks great, but I am now on my third one trying to get the monogram right. The pictures in the item show monogramming three same size block letters. When you go to add monogramming, you're directed to add the last name larger in the middle. The first block I got had the middle larger, and the second had them the same size. What a disaster! Plus, I didn't receive the gift wrapping I paid for. So, nice block, just don't bother with any of the extras.Date published: 2018-05-17Rated 5 out of 5 by minneapolisguy from Perfect Cutting Board This is an awesome cutting board. It has become my favorite of ll the ones I own. The grain of the Birch wood is so rich and beautiful and even more so after you season it for the first time. I love it's nice solid weight. I am planning on keeping this out and using it daily.Date published: 2015-12-09