Shun Sora Chef's Knife
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Sora is Japanese for "sky," and the Shun Sora collection soars high in performance while offering down-to-earth value. With a traditional Japanese handle and blade shape, Sora knives deliver smooth, razor-sharp cutting and a lightweight feel that's easy to control. The composite blade reveals a beautiful wavy pattern characteristic of Japanese swordsmithing.
- Less curved than a Western chef's knife, for greater contact with cutting board and more efficient cutting.
- Blade features a VG-10 "super steel" core clad in stainless steel on each side for a san mai edge that is stain-resistant.
- Cutting edge is braze-welded to a mirror-polished Japanese steel upper, creating a traditional rippled pattern.
- Handle is a textured polymer blend for a secure grip and easy care.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6" knife: 6"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 4.8 oz.
- 8" knife: 8"-long blade, 6"-long handle; 6.8 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife except a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Rated 3 out of 5 by ArtieBucco from For a first nice knife this is a good choice I've had the fortune to use almost all of the lines of Shun in the last year with very positive experiences. This knife is a fine knife for someone looking to step up from cheap store bought knives. It's sharp out of the box and stays that way with careful maintenance and care. It's mirror finish should never be cleaned with any abrasive scrubbers like on 1 side of some sponges. Metal is VG10 which is what shun uses for it's higher end offerings: Classic and Premier. Cons. Handle is plastic and cheap just doesn't have that special feeling in the hand other lines of Shun have. The profile is a bit thinner than I like, leaning more towards a Japanese Gyotu knife.Date published: 2018-11-23Rated 2 out of 5 by Jeff from Handle and knife came apart after two years I have bought two of this knifes. Both of them were fantastic at beginning. Super sharp. However their handle and knife came apart after 1.5~2 years of use. After the first one, I thought it was accident until the second happened two years after. Very disappointed.Date published: 2018-07-21Rated 5 out of 5 by mfth from Great knife for an amazing price. Full disclosure: I was sent this by Williams Sonoma b/c of my wedding registry, very sweet of them! We have a number of the Classic Shun knives and didn't even know about the Sora collection before this magically showed up at our house. While this does have a plastic handle (as opposed to the wooden Classic ones), I feel there's the same quality steel as the pricier collections. I've been using this for nearly a year to get enough use to give a good review, and I use it every day. It's a fabulous knife, hasn't dulled, cleans very easily, and stands up to a ton of use on everything from pineapple skin to chicken breasts and tomatoes. There isn't the weight to the handle like the Classic ones, but some with weaker wrist musculature may find that to be a plus. I keep reaching for this knife over my Wüsthof ones, and those are top notch quality. I would totally buy this knife if my current one ever bit the dust. I actually might buy another one b/c I love it so much!Date published: 2017-05-24Rated 5 out of 5 by carakat from This knife is awesome! We received this as a wedding gift. While my fiance was very excited about the knives, it wasn't my priority. After I used this, I am sold!Date published: 2016-12-13Rated 5 out of 5 by Kathleen568 from Amazing -- I received this knife as a Christmas gift. It's the best knife I've ever owned! It is far superior to my Henckels knives that I've owned (and loved) for years. Its balance is something you need to feel to believe. The blade is razor sharp -- and I keep my knives sharpened at all times -- but this is somehow sharper and has a finer edge. You really have scalpel precision with this knife. You won't be disappointed with this purchase. Trust me!Date published: 2016-01-14