Shun Premier 7" Asian Chef's Knife
- Free Fast Shipping
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
The Shun Premier collection is distinguished by hand-hammered blades and walnut-colored PakkaWood handles that evoke the artistry of traditional hand-forged knives. Handcrafted in Japan, Shun's Premier gyuto, or Asian chef's knife, is a true kitchen workhorse. This all-purpose knife, lighter and more nimble than its European cousins, is designed for comfort, ease of use and razor-sharp performance. Stainless Damascus cladding and a hammered tsuchime finish promote easy food release while slicing, dicing, chopping and mincing.
- Blades feature a core of VG-10 "super steel" clad on each side with 68 microthin layers of stainless-steel.
- The striking hand-hammered finish (tsuchime in Japanese) reduces drag when cutting and helps to quickly release food from the blade.
- Walnut-finish PakkaWood handles have a two-position design, providing a trigger grip for pull cuts and the perfect balance point for a pinch grip.
- Stainless-steel end caps embossed with the Shun logo add stability, strength and wide weight distribution from end to end.
- Full composite tang adds strength and balance.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 7"-long blade.
- 8 1/4"-long handle.
- 6 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.